About AMPD Technologies
The team at AMPD Technologies has been providing high-performance computing and infrastructure solutions to leading companies in the games, visual effects and animation sectors for nearly twenty years. Now, as a founding member of Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster, AMPD is applying its expertise in high-performance computing, intensive data management, processing, and visualization to benefit a broader cross-section of industry partners and projects.
The challenge ahead:
As AMPD Technologies’ newest Data Center Operations Engineer, you will support the optimization and health of AMPD’s data center in Vancouver. You will be accountable for provisioning new hardware, ensuring the day-to-health of the data center as well as ensuring full security through patching, firmware updates, and physical controls. The role will be customer-facing, prioritizing issues that may arise with our clients, ensuring swift resolve to maintain uptime. The role will require solid experience with both physical and virtual infrastructure.
Why you’re a great fit for our Data Center Team:
You’ve got a great sense of priority and initiative to manage multiple tasks and projects, ensuring our overall infrastructure is in good health while understanding what elements contribute to a critical and priority issue and what can be completed in time.
You believe in clear and consistent documentation to give your team the information they need to manage their roles, and ensure that processes and systems have clear process for all supporting parties.
You are tapped into industry trends and best practices – you follow thought leaders, continually read and attend events to gain new knowledge and implement new practices into our data center to optimize and streamline operations.
You believe in great service to give our clients near and far the attention, communication, and support the need to resolve issues quickly and with sustainable and long-term solutions.
What you’ll accomplish as a Data Center Operations Engineer:
- Manages network infrastructure and configuration, including switches, firewalls, VPNs to ensure network is secure and in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the budget planning process to ensure proper maintenance agreements are in place on all equipment and life cycle replacement processes are in place.
Data Center Management
- Responsible for data center management, including all supported electrical, HVAC and fire suppression systems.
- Maintain data communication, including fiber infrastructure and connectivity to multiple locations, including all redundancy required for a 24/7/365 environment.
- Install, manage and support enterprise applications supporting the environment for monitoring, logging, virus protection and intrusion detection.
- Implement security safeguards to secure the slot network in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Manages and supports servers, virtualization layer and data storage / backup solutions.
- Assists in the development and deployment of technology necessary to enhance current services.
- Works with management, peers and vendors to provide ongoing monitoring, performance tuning and ensures service level objectives are met.
Documentation & DC Optimization
- Technical Writing: Creation and maintenance of troubleshooting and operational documentation for all systems under management.
- Provides and receives cross-discipline training in order to ensure maximum availability of systems under management.
- Communicates effectively verbally, and in written form.
- Carries and responds to an off-hours communications device, in order to provide 24×7 support for systems under management.
- Actively pursues opportunities, as an individual and as part of a group, to improve knowledge, tools and processes for systems under management.
- Responsible for maintaining and enforcing confidentiality and privacy rules pursuant to all applicable regulations.
Your track record will include:
- Minimum five years of experience in system administration with at least two years involving data centers.
- Windows Server 2012 and higher
- Linux Servers (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS)
- Demonstrated experience working with: Cisco, Dell, Brocade/Ruckus enterprise and datacenter routing and switching.
- Cisco, Juniper, F5, and Fortinet security appliances
- L3 routing protocols BGP, OSPF and Static Routing
- IPSEC and SSL VPN, site to site and client based
- L2 STP, Etherchannels, VPC, MLAG
- Syslog, RADIUS, NPS, 802.1x, RANCID, NTP, HA, Zabbix, Nagios
- Experience with Telecom/ISP service install/activation
- Experience with virtualization tools such as Proxmox/VMWare/HyperV an asset
- Python or other scripting languages
Location: Vancouver, BC
To apply, please send your resume with the subject line: “Data Centre Operations Engineer” [email protected].
AMPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.